Meet the Clerk
Looking to bring the U.S. House of Representatives into your classroom? Visit our For Teachers section for resources, activities, and lesson plans that complement the materials on this site.
- The Office of the Clerk provides this website as a public service.
- The information on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified.
- Images on this site are provided as a contribution to education and scholarship. Not all images are in the public domain; some images may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Do not duplicate without permission from copyright holder. Copyright information is provided whenever possible, but it is ultimately the responsibility of the user to determine and satisfy the copyright and other restrictions. Unless otherwise noted, images of Representatives are provided by, and should be credited to the U.S. House of Representatives. Images of Senators are provided by and should be credited to the U.S. Senate Historical Office.
- For purposes of site management and security, information is collected and stored. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics using information such as the number of visitors to different sections of the site, what information is of most or least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- The following information is collected on this website:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com if you are using an America Online account).
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet address of the websites from which you linked directly to our site or the Internet address of the computer used to link to our site.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we will not obtain personal information about you (for example, your mailing address) when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
- Unauthorized use, tampering with, or modification of this system or its supporting hardware and software, may violate federal and other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. In the event of an unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.
- Please send your questions/comments about this notice to: Clerkweb Info