Learn more about Karen L. Haas, the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives, and her role in facilitating the legislative process.
Mouse-over highlighted terms for in-the-moment definitions, or view the alphabetical list.
For High School Teachers
Looking to bring the U.S. House of Representatives into your High School classroom? These resources, activities, and lesson plans complement the material on this site.
- The Role of the House: Center for Civic Education [Link]
- First Day of Congress: Lesson Plan: Getting to Know the House [PDF]
- How a Bill Becomes a Law: Lesson Plan: A Bill Becomes a Law [PDF]
- Women in Congress: Lesson Plans to accompany the book Women in Congress, 1917–2006 [Link]
- Black Americans in Congress: Lesson Plans to accompany the book Black Americans in Congress, 1870–2007 [Link]
- This Week in House History: House Historical Highlights Teaching Tips [Link]